Re: [Ekiga-devel-list] A final problem

Damien Sandras wrote:
Le mardi 09 décembre 2008 à 22:19 +0100, Peter Robinson a écrit :
./configure --enable-maintainer-mode --build x86_64-linux-gnu
--prefix=/usr --sysconfdir=/etc --disable-schemas-install
--disable-scrollkeeper

I have:

================ Final configuration ===================
           Installing into prefix  :  /usr

                    GNOME support  :  disabled

Why is the gnome support disabled??

Also, if you know, please tell me if the following debian
build-dependencies are still needed:
        libgnome2-dev,
        libgnomeui-dev,

I see this in configure.ac, so yes, they are still needed, otherwise
GNOME support is disabled :
PKG_CHECK_MODULES([GNOME], [libgnome-2.0 >= 2.14.0 libgnomeui-2.0 >=
2.14.0], [found_gnome=yes])
I noticed gnome.h is used in one spot still in src/gui/callbacks.cpp
but once that is gone I would think the whole check for 'gnome' can be
removed. Other than that what is now the difference between the gnome
and gtk version?
I think we removed everything. The only remaining item is
gnome_help_display to display the help.
Which means we then can't remove the libgnome includes. It looks like
most gnome apps (such as gnome-games) are replacing the call with
gtk_show_uri , is there a reason we can't or don't want to use that?
Ah yes, gnome_show_uri is another use of the GNOME libs.

I do not have gtk_show_uri defined on my system. Perhaps it is too new ?
gtk 2.14 afaict

http://library.gnome.org/devel/gtk/stable/gtk-Filesystem-utilities.html#gtk-show-uri

OK; let's wait a bit that it is more widespread. Debian still has 2.12.

For information, 2.14 is in experimental.