Re: [Ekiga-devel-list] .deb for ptlib, opal, ekiga yesterday SVN

Damien Sandras wrote:
Hi,

Le samedi 19 avril 2008 à 16:26 +0200, Eugen Dedu a écrit :
Hi,

To install them, better (IMO) remove before any libpt*, libopal*, ekiga* packages on the machine.

Manual procedure I used to create the packages, given that .diff.gz are provided: svn co https://opalvoip.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/opalvoip/ptlib/trunk ptlib
svn co https://opalvoip.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/opalvoip/opal/trunk opal
svn co http://svn.gnome.org/svn/ekiga/trunk ekiga
for i in ptlib opal ekiga; do
   cd $i
   if [ $i -ne 'ekiga' ]; then svn2cl; fi
   find . -name .svn -exec rm -rf {} \; # <-- don't know if really needed
   cd ..
   cp -a $i $i.orig  # <-- allows to create the .diff.gz file
   cd $i
   patch -p1 <../$i*.diff.gz  # the .diff.gz are provided
   debuild -us -uc
   cd ..
done

Of course, the version of packages (e.g. -20080418) should be updated according to the downloading date.

TODO for deb packages:
- revisit debian/copyright, seems that some files in ptlib (at least) have specific copyrights
- revisit debian/templates
- configure.dpatch in ptlib: is it really needed, Kilian?
- and others

Let me know what do you think.

Do you think you will build them regularly or run some sort of cron ?
If it is the case we could resuscitate snapshots.seconix.com with at
least those packs. (I would download them overnight daily from your
box).

Yes, I would be glad to build them regularly! Kilian has sent me his script to help him building ekiga&Co. However, for the moment I prefer to do it manually. I will inform you when I re-build.

(PS Exactly when all was finished, I executed an rm instead of mv, and I lost the opal*diff.gz file :o(; it took my 2 hours to recreate it. Do you know that you can recover files simply with # cat /dev/sda3|strings|grep "what you are looking for"?)

Argh, I did not know that tip.

Thanks a lot anyway, you did a great job!

Thanks, glad to help ekiga!