Re: [Ekiga-devel-list] win32 build

Quoting Torsten Schlabach <TSchlabach gmx net>:

> Hi again!
>
> Smoke test results:
>
> - Installation is fine, except, it's complaining it cannot remove my old
> version. So I installed the new version over the old one. Not sure if this
> will be the reason for some of the problems I have.
Maybe your configuration (in some xml file) will ber very corrupted. Perhaps you
can start with a fresh one, i.e. delete and reinstall?

> - A new GTK+ runtime was installed, then Ekiga installed itself and started.
>
> The configuration assistent broke with some "assertion failed" messages. But
> ignoring them, I was able to get the app started. It registered successfully
> with my SIP accounts which I had configured using 2.0.11.

Can you find out what assertions exactly failed in case its not related to the
old config?

> Trying to make a call is a bit pointless because it does not recognize any
> audio devices yet.
Hm, but 2.x shows devices? Can you post a -d4 of a startup?

> Well, I guess it will make more sense to test this on a clean Windows machine
> with no pre-installed old version. I will take care of that.
>
> Another question: Why is the version number 2.9, not 3.0?
I guess because 3.00 is not released yet? Anyway its just cosmetics...