Re: [Ekiga-devel-list] Windows binaries with h264 and speex support

Hi Emmanuel!

> I am looking for windows binaries with
> support for h264 and speex for testing purposes.

You are not alone!

> I have come across the nightly builds that were produced up to a certain
> time, but none of them has been working for me.

This is a two-fold issue:

1. The nightly snapshots weren't built anymore for Windows because the build was broken. They stopped somewhere between 2.0.11 and 2.0.12 IIUC. So even if they would work for you, they would probably not have the features which you require.

2. That they don't work for you at all is kinda strange. They always worked for me and others, but I know of at least one guy who had the same problem that you report (crashing upon startup) and none of the usual cures helped. I never found the problem, but what the guy told me was that after running this in Win95 compatibility mode, this worked. Not that this would be the solution, but can you give it a try, please?

> Could somebody point me at a binary that I can try?

Which one have you been using?

Unfortunately the download link for the officially released 2.0.11-BETA got lost on the site and I don't know where to find these binaries on the server and it does not allow directory listing.

@Damien: Can you help, please?

But what you really want is a Windows build of 3.0-trunk. This doesn't exist right now. I (and others) are working on that. The latest status is here:

http://wiki.ekiga.org/index.php/Cross-compile_Win32

So either you would like to help out or you would need some patience.

Regards,
Torsten

-------- Original-Nachricht --------