Re: [Ekiga-devel-list] Help me build our tested devices page.

Le vendredi 13 avril 2007 �3:21 +0900, Georgi Georgiev a �it :
> maillog: 13/04/2007-14:31:56(+0200): yannick types
> > Hi,
> >
> > I've started a list of know to work devices for Ekiga here:
> > http://wiki.ekiga.org/index.php/Tested_hardware
> > Currently it is mostly about webcams.
> >
> > I would like you to tell me what kind of device you've been able to use
> > with Ekiga (webcams, USB/bluetooth/Firewire... devices).
> >
> > For each device I would like to know:
> > 1- The vendor name and device name (maybe the ship name if you want)
> > 2- The plateform: Linux/Windows/...
> > 3- The interface (USB, Firewire,...)
> > 4- The driver name and version
> > 5- The plugin selected in the Ekiga preferences (for audio and video
> > devices)
> >
> > 6- Any relevant infos you might add...
>
> Regarding Firewire DV cameras (the ones with the avc1394 plugin), you
> could explicitly mention that they work, period (or "should work" if you
> so prefer). Right now the wiki says "Firewire camera supported by Linux
> should work".  No maker is going to put a "Linux compatible" logo on a
> DV camera, so it may be a good idea to mention these. Oh, and such
> cameras hardly fit in the Webcams category (or you could rename the
> category to "Cameras").
>
> I have personally used these two: SONY TRV-20[1] and a Canon IXY DV
> S1[2].  On Linux, Firewire interface, AVC1394 plugin, no special driver
> (in kernel firewire drivers are enough). Oldest tested version is kernel
> 2.4.20.

Both added.

I hope the new sentence is better:
"Firewire cameras, including Firewire DV cameras, should work too."

Regards,
Yannick

--
Me joindre en t�phonie IP / vid�onf�nce ?
sip:yannick ekiga net