[Ekiga-devel-list] New release maintainer

Hi all,

You have probably noticed that we are doing more and more releases of
the stable branch. The reason is that we have undertaken some major
changes in the unstable branch. Those changes are taking much time to
implement and to test and we backport all fixes in the stable branch.

Releasing in the stable branch needs time :
- you need to tag CVS of OPAL and PWLIB and SVN of Ekiga
- you need to prepare tarballs
- you need to test them
- you need to mail packagers and wait for packages
- you need to collect all packages from everyone and put them on
ekiga.org
- you need to publish a news on ekiga.org, on freshmeat.net, on
gnomefiles.org, on the mailing lists

All of this takes time.

I spend much time doing this and also improving the stable branch. While
doing this, I can not code on the unstable branch, which is a pity for
the project.

I would like to design a "release coordinator" who will take care of the
tasks described above.

Who accepts doing it ?

Thanks,
--