Re: [Ekiga-devel-list] Ekiga CVS access

On 24 Sep 2006 20:52:47 -0400
Gregory Stark <gsstark mit edu> wrote:

> >  From cvs.gnome.org.
>
> The normal way to specify CVS roots is something like
>
> :pserver:username hostname:/path
>
> just quoting a hostname isn't really helpful. Especially since
> pservers often require an empty password, non-empty password, or
> specific password depending on how they're configured.
>
> Why isn't there a page on ekiga's home page with CVS instructions
> like other software projects? It must get tiresome having people ask
> this question repeatedly. You seem to go out of your way to hide it.

I have to agree. Though generic CVS instructions were posted in this
mailing-list recently by me.

I began a Wiki-Entry with generic compiling instructions, it's *far
from* being complete, but I hope others will fill it with life, too
(dependencies, specials, configure-options, ...).

http://wiki.ekiga.org/index.php/F.A.Q.:_Additional_Information

The problem here is really the time to do such things. As it is a Wiki,
I hope others will contribute a bit. This page is meant as addition to
the official FAQ, it can contain everything you think is worth.

J.

--
Once you've got the perfect hammer, everything looks like a nail.