Re: [Ekiga-devel-list] Interoperation with Polycom h.323 VC hardware?

> Le mardi 19 septembre 2006 =E0 11:15 -0400, Gregory Stark a =E9crit :
> > Has anyone tried to get ekiga working with commercial video-conferencing
> > hardware? My office has a Polycom videoconferencing setup and I'm keen to be
> > working from home using ekiga.
>
> > But when I try dialling the Polycom ekiga just says "No common codec".
>
> > This is different from the behaviour in the past. With a previous snapshot it
> > connected but the video was very very poor resolution and the audio was messed
> > up in a manner that sounded sort of like a 8 bit stream being read in 16-bit
> > mode.
>
> > Is there any debugging mode to view what codecs the Polycom is advertising?
> > Are there sources of codecs other than the snapshots? The only video codec
> > listed is h261 621.7kbps 90kHz which sounds unlikely -- the Polycom is
> > supposed to be using 128kbps.
>
> ekiga -d 4
>
> There could be a bug in the video codecs management. If that's the case,
> I can redirect to Craig.

Did the log I posted help at all? I can't really make heads or tails of it
myself. Is there anything else I can do to help debug this? I really would
like to get it working if it's something that's doable. I can help if it's
just C stuff but I don't know much about actual video codecs if we're missing
an entire codec.

--
greg