Re: [Ekiga-devel-list] Status of http://snapshots.seconix.com

Hi again,

regarding sarge backports the story was longer than just the easy fix I
and start to remember why I hadn't done it back then already. Problem is
with intltool updated to a recent version, that configure still stalls
at:
configure: error: Package requirements (gtk+-2.0 >= 2.4.0 gthread-2.0 >=
2.4.0 esound >= 0.2.28 gconf-2.0 >= 2.2.0 libgnome-2.0 >= 2.14.0
libgnomeui-2.0 >= 2.14.0) were not met.

That means, we'd need to backport half of gnome effectively which is
more than I'm willing to maintain over a longer time. If someone really
wants to step up for it and *will* maintain it, please do send me a mail
to ask for instructions. Integration with the buildd is not the problem,
but I guess this will become ugly over time. So, right now, as sad as it
renders me, there will not be any sarge backports of Ekiga and Ekiga-cvs
until this is fixed. (and right now apt-get.org tells me there is no
such archive)

--
Best regards,
 Kilian