Re: [Ekiga-devel-list] Status of http://snapshots.seconix.com

Hi Damien,

Am Sonntag, den 17.09.2006, 18:11 +0200 schrieb Damien Sandras:
> Can you make a public announcement about the current status of the
> builds at http://snapshots.seconix.com ?
>
> (Debian, Sources, Fedora, ...)

short summary: we're back online with fresh Debian and Ubuntu snaps! ;)

The little longer story for those interested:
http://snapshots.ekiga.net/ (EU-Mirror)
and
http://snapshots.voxgratia.org/ (US-Mirror)
should now both be alive and updated hourly again.
The problem was that due to the lack of snapshots.gnomemeeting.net in
DNS the sync script didn't find the host no more and thus was not able
to sync.
Further, Dapper updates had been queued till today due to the
propagation script was not able to resolve the dependency from within
dapper main as dapper-updates had shipped a newer libpango. This is also
fixed now. Remains the problem with edgy and compilation of
pwlib-cvs[1]. This one is something the MOTU will solve sooner or later
I guess. Quite similarly building right now completes on neither sarge
nor win32 in the snapshot buildd. Whoever feels like throwing decent
patches at me is herewith warmly asked to do so(*). Logs for Sarge build
problems would be along [2] and can be found in the log database for
quite some versions already. The win32 build issues may already be
discussed on the mailinglist and eventually I'll come round to catching
up there too.

Hope everybody with Sid, Etch and Dapper is now happily supported by new
snapshots so that the testing can go on!

--
Best regards,
 Kilian

(*) preferred would be a debian-package of flavour "all" that does the
    cross-compiling by perusing a regular buildd environment. Yes, I
    know it's ugly, so spare us the flames. This mechanism would just
    ease the "packaging" really a lot. ;)
[1]: http://stats.buildserver.net/fetch.php?&pkg=pwlib-cvs&ver=20061006-02-edgy.1&arch=i386&stamp=1160142571&file=log&as=raw
[2]: http://stats.buildserver.net/fetch.php?&pkg=ekiga-cvs&ver=20061007-02-sarge.1&arch=i386&stamp=1160224262&file=log&as=raw