Re: [Ekiga-devel-list] Status of http://snapshots.seconix.com

Hi Tom,

Am Sonntag, den 08.10.2006, 07:48 +0200 schrieb thomas schorpp:
> > patches at me is herewith warmly asked to do so(*). Logs for Sarge build
> > problems would be along [2] and can be found in the log database for
>
> checking for intltool >= 0.33.0... ./configure: line 1: ./intltool-update.in: No such file or directory
> ./configure: line 1: ./intltool-update.in: No such file or directory
> ./configure: line 2262: test: : integer expression expected
>  found. Your intltool is too old.  You need intltool 0.33.0 or later.
> make: *** [config.status] Error 1
> Build finished at 20061007-1430
> FAILED [dpkg-buildpackage died]
> Purging chroot-i386_voip-snapshots-debian-sarge//build/buildd///ekiga-cvs-20061007-02
>
> i know this. whether package-config is broken or we need the links in the source packages.
> what to do? provide links?

As the intltool is probably required in that version (someone please
verify and correct if not), the best would be to either make this
requirement optional or to backport. I guess adding backports.org to the
sarge voip-snapshots sources.list is something that wouldn't hurt too
many users if the list of installed packages is cut down to intltool*,
but yet I dislike to jeopardize the purity of build env for
reproducibility and compatibility. Yet, I guess I can try doing that
later today and see if it gets us any further than this.

> and reportbug intltool-debian < intltool on sarge?

Sarge is closed in terms of versions and long released like that. There
is no point in filing bugs to update packages in a Debian release.

--
Best regards,
 Kilian