Re: Updating OGG tags on Windows

Hi Nicholas

On 2016-11-15 13:17, Nicholas Sheppard <nps nps id au> wrote:
If I do 'git clone git:git.gnome.org/easytag' there is no configure
script in the repository, so mingw32-configure complains that configure
does not exist and stops. I can run ./autogen.sh to create a configure a
script, is that what I am supposed to do or am I missing something?

Ah, so I guess that you were starting from a tarball before? Yes, you should start with ./autogen.sh, but it is best to make sure that NOCONFIGURE is set to 1, as mingw32-configure will run the configure script a second time (and you are not interested in the configure run on the host system).

After running ./autogen.sh, I can run mingw32-configure, but it stops on
'configure: error: appdata-tools is required for appdata-xml.m4'. Fedora
says that appdata-tools is contained in libappstream-glib, which I've
installed, but I haven't been able to progress past this error.

I added a few extra packages and clarifications to the wiki page, if starting from a git clone. You would additionally need intltool, libappstream-glib-devel and yelp-tools installed.

--
http://amigadave.com/