Re: Slightly malformed TRKN values in mp3 tags

Hi Kevin

Apologies for the late reply, but I have been travelling.

On 2016-10-29 14:05, Kevin Pickell <kevin scale18 com> wrote:
I'm running the windows version 2.4.2 of EasyTAG

I have a large number of mp3's that have a the TRCK field as "xx/yy"
instead of just "xx", where "xx" is the track number and "yy" is the
number of songs in the album. When I load them into Easy tag it doesn't
show any valid selection in the Track field. I was wondering if it would
be possible to update EasyTAG to handle this case by ignoring the "/yy"
part of the field and show the correct track numbers?

Since EasyTAG 2.1.9, track number fields with the form "xx/yy" have been handled at load time by filling the track number field in the UI with xx and the total tracks field with yy. At save time, the tag fields are concatenated, with the '/' added in the middle. A similar conversion is performed for the discs/total discs fields (although there is only one UI field in that case).

This has worked fine in every situation in which I have tested it, so please provide an example file (or a link to one), privately to me if you wish.

As you mention TRKN (an MP4 tag field) in the subject and TRCK (an ID3v2 tag field) in your message, I tried with both MP4 and MP3 files, and both seem to work fine, in that I can read and write tag fields with a track number and total number of tracks, and they are stored and read correctly.

One other very minor issue I have, is that on my PC I have 4 monitors
(hd,4k,hd,hd) and run EasyTag from my 2nd monitor which is 4k. When I
close Easytag and re-start it, it seems to save the large size from the
last time it was run but places it on my smaller first monitor. I was
just wondering if it could also save the fact that it was on my 2nd
monitor and default to placing it there so the bottom of the window is
not cut off.

GTK+ does not (at least in version 3.x) have a way to specify the monitor on which to display a window, although there is API to determine the current monitor. It might be possible to determine the current monitor and geometry at application close, and then iterate through all monitors at startup, placing the application on the monitor with the equivalent geometry.

I do not have time to work on this at the moment, but if someone writes a patch, I will review it.

--
http://amigadave.com/