Re: Problem with Tag Button Masking Text.

Hi!

On 2016-03-22 18:11, Budge <ajebay errichel co uk> wrote:
Thanks for the info.  Makes me wish I was a coder so I could help but
that is sadly beyond me now.

A useful thing that you could do is to think of designs for a better tagging UI. The current UI is quite wasteful of space. For example, there is no easy way to view all the information about a single file; instead it is restricted to the right-hand third of the main window. Also, the directory tree is shown at all times, when it is generally used occasionally, to change directory, and then not used while editing the tags on one or many files.

I think that making the UI more stateful (first select a directory, then switch to list view, next select a file, finally switch to single file view) would help a lot with the problem of too little space, but needs a lot of work. I would really like to do the work (as I think that it would be a lot of fun) but I need some help with the design. If you want to work on some mockups, that would be great!

For me EasyTAG is still usable but Bach Cantatas are a bit of a challenge!

In truth the worst thing is some uploads to database are crap, eg Bach
tagged as the Artist rather than Composer and so forth.

I have been working on implementing MusicBrainz query support for a while, which has considerably better metadata (and more stringent style guidelines). There was a GSoC project by Abhinav Jangda which produced quite a functional result, but there is some more work to do before it can be merged.

I have also been doing some work on the CDDB support recently, so that queries will no longer freeze the whole UI (among other improvements), and those should not take much work to finish off, so should help in the interim.

--
http://amigadave.com/