Re: Identifying Automatic Changes

Hi

On 2016-08-23 23:27, Budge <ajebay errichel co uk> wrote:
How may I determine what automatic changes are being made/proposed when
after opening a file in Easytag and then leaving without making any
changes intentionally, I am prompted to discard, save or cancel?

There is currently no way to display the differences between the on-disk file and the changes currently in memory (whether those are automatic or have been entered by the user).

I suspect it may be the illegal character setting which I have just had
to change in my preference setting because my NAS box insists on using
the windoze broken character set even though we are all linux here.  Is
there any easy way to check if this is the case?

I suppose that an appropriate interface for this would be a changes (or history) dialogue, showing the fields from the on-disk file and highlighting differences with the changes in memory. There are some changes that are not so easy to show, such as migration from old cover art formats, changes to ID3 tag versions and probably others that I am forgetting.

Such a dialogue does not currently exist, but it should not be too difficult to write.

--
http://amigadave.com/