Identifying Automatic Changes

How may I determine what automatic changes are being made/proposed when after opening a file in Easytag and then leaving without making any changes intentionally, I am prompted to discard, save or cancel?

I suspect it may be the illegal character setting which I have just had to change in my preference setting because my NAS box insists on using the windoze broken character set even though we are all linux here. Is there any easy way to check if this is the case?

Budge