Re: Easytag won't start from desktop icon

On 10/15/2015 03:20 AM, David King wrote:
Hi Steven

On 2015-10-14 12:13, Steven P. Ulrick <meow8282 gmail com> wrote:
Is this what you are looking for?
http://www.afolkey2.us/backtraces/ccpp-2015-10-14-07_00_30-3564.tar.bz2

Thanks! I looked at the stack trace in the tarball (in the core_backtrace file) and it seems that you do not have the GSettings schema installed and up to date, as the program aborts when trying to construct a GSettings object. You probably have to ensure that your launching environment (your desktop shell, in this case) has the correct value of XDG_DATA_DIRS to locate the GSettings schema (or rather gschemas.compiled). Presumably, you have the environment variable set correctly when launching from a terminal.

So, feel free to look at the files contained in the tarball I linked
to.  If this tarball doesn't work for you/is just plain the wrong
information, let me know.  I am open to suggestions.

Perfect, thanks!
OK, I think we are making progress.  Tell me if this is correct:
1. cd to "/usr/local/spu/assorted/e/easytag/easytag-20151005-2001/share/glib-2.0"
2. Ran "glib-compile-schemas schemas/
3. Checked "/usr/local/spu/assorted/e/easytag/easytag-20151005-2001/share/glib-2.0/schemas/gschemas.compiled" and the modified time changed exactly when I ran the command from step 2.

Logged out and logged back in, and I still can't start easytag by clicking the desktop icon.

I'll keep trying to see if I omitted something really stupid...

Steven P. Ulrick

P.S.: Here is a link to a new backtrace from when I JUST tried to start easytag by clicking the icon:
http://www.afolkey2.us/backtraces/ccpp-2015-10-15-16_06_58-17753.tar.bz2