Re: Genre "N****punk"

gabriel unseen is [Tue, 21 Apr 2015 21:53:25 +0200]

Hello Stephen, hello list,

On 04/18/2015 05:24 AM, Steven P. Ulrick wrote:

Anyone who is able to compile Easytag from source code can remove this
"Genre" themselves.  Just edit "easytag/src/genres.h", remove the
entire line that contains "Negerpunk" and compile Easytag.  I just
tried it, and the offending genre is gone.

I agree that this is a possibility for those who are able to recompile
the code but I don't think this is a personal matter. The reverse
argument would then be that anyone who is unable to do this must not
feel concerned or stop using this software.

Is anybody here on the list speaking german and not seeing that this is
a pejorative and insulting term?

gabriel

I feel offended by the genres "Christian Gansta Rap" and "Christian Rock".
I'm not Christian. Remove it! I want Rastafarian Rock!

The genre "Death Metal" is offending. Don't talk about death in a program!
Remove it!

Booty bass? Damn, we got a sexist genre right there! Remove it! Wah wah
wah!

Krautrock? No comment. But where's your comment about this one?

---

OK, I hope you understood that your personal quest for political
correctness is ridiculous. Leave those classic 90ies ID3 genres alone.
Simply don't use them. People like you get us regulated to death!

PS: Porngroove. Hey, I got a few tracks tagged with this! :-)