Re: Standard for video tag

I had been exploring the metadata specs for mp4 files and received from
Dan Hinsley, the owner of MetaX, a Windows mp4 a video metadata tagger
the file:

"The iTunes Metadata Format",

Which I was informed is the "Gold Standard" for mp4 metadata.

And to quote from the document:

        The iTunes audio and video files covered by this specification
        normally have the extension .m4a
        (unprotected audio), .m4p (protected audio), .m4v (unprotected
        or unprotected video), or .mp4
        (unprotected audio or video). The format and use of metadata is
        identical for files of audio and video,
        protected and unprotected formats. These file formats are all
        based on the ISO Base Media File Format
        specification (defined by the ISO/IEC 14496-12:2005 and 15444-12
        standards) and the MPEG-4 File
        Format specification (defined by the ISO/IEC 14496-14 standard).

unquote.

If there is an upload area, for the mail list, I would gladly upload the
documents.

It has been awhile since I looked at an mp4 (video) and of course only
found labels for the audio files.

I just looked at an mp4 video file with easyTAG and it displays the
embedded graphic (cover) and also Genre, correctly. but the tags are
still labeled as if it is displaying an audio file (Cast is displayed as
artist, etc).

So, I'm going to suggest that Easytag isn't following any ISO standard
for mp4 multimedia files yet.  But I did a request for the feature
awhile back, but there are probably a multitude of audio issues to work
on before adding video features.

--
73 From Ernie D

AA1AD | CN87ug