Re: Any Plans for WAV support

On Fri, 2015-01-09 at 11:30 +0000, David King wrote:
I think that it is best to echo what Ran and J.B. have already
suggested, and urge you to use a format such as FLAC, which has a
well-specified (and supported) metadata format.

Hey Steve,

I'm in agreement with the rest of them. Wav really isn't intended for
this and is best used as an interim format until transcoded to FLAC. You
don't lose anything in storing it as FLAC, gain reduced size, faster
disk i/o, and standardized metadata.

--
Kip Warner -- Senior Software Engineer
OpenPGP encrypted/signed mail preferred