Re: Consider using FLAC instead?

Steven Andrews wrote:
I need a .WAV file tag editor, and have not been able to find one.  Your
editor seems like the best around, but all my files are WAV.  Please help.

In the interim, have you considered using FLAC? FLAC can losslessly compress WAV files (up to 8 channels and with sample limits I don't recall off-hand) and use tagging many other programs already support (including EasyTAG).

I use FLAC for most of my sound editing and I go from Audacity (editor), to EasyTAG (tagging), to listening on a desktop computer or a portable music player all with FLAC files.

I work in a similar way. I create my work with an external device from which I get WAV files (it doesn't support anything else). I open them in Audacity, then I do some final polishing there, export to FLAC and add tags with my own scripts (which are based on MetaFLAC, which is a part of the FLAC package). I could do the tagging in EasyTAG, but my scripts are optimised for my own workflow and for avoiding spelling errors and other problems. I use the tags for documentation of my work, so I include information about who plays what instrument, where we recorded it and when, something that would not be practical to do with EasyTAG.