Re: Matroska support?

David King:
I had a quick look at the libmatroska API, and discovered that it is
undocumented. I had a brief look at the GStreamer element responsible
for adding tags to Matroska files, and it looks fine, but a bit more
complicated than most of the other tagging formats. The Matroska
specification for tags is somewhat complicated, as the format is
designed to handle some fairly complex use-cases, but I think that basic
tagging support (without support for chapters, and other multi-part
information) would not be too difficult.

Of course not chapters and all the rest. Precisely only the tags
supported right now for the types supported now. I can do it with
mkvmerge which does a lot other things to covert to MKV/MKA. But I like
the interface and the ease of use from EasyTag.

However, I am pretty busy at the moment, and still have not finished the
DSF support, so I do not know when I will next get a chance to work on
new tagging support. I also do not have any Matroska files, so it is not
a priority for me, although I would happily accept patches and maintain
the code.

Can't help anybody with that. But good luck with your work. And thanks
for the contributions so far. Maybe you can expand it later on to work
with documents as well. I sure know I could use some editor for
PDF/EPUB/MOBI/whatever as there are NONE that work well over different
formats.