Re: Matroska support?

Hi!

On 2015-04-27 23:04, Salomea <salomea bitmessage ch> wrote:
MKA, MKV and WEBM don't seem to be supported right now. Are there any plans?

I had a quick look at the libmatroska API, and discovered that it is undocumented. I had a brief look at the GStreamer element responsible for adding tags to Matroska files, and it looks fine, but a bit more complicated than most of the other tagging formats. The Matroska specification for tags is somewhat complicated, as the format is designed to handle some fairly complex use-cases, but I think that basic tagging support (without support for chapters, and other multi-part information) would not be too difficult.

However, I am pretty busy at the moment, and still have not finished the DSF support, so I do not know when I will next get a chance to work on new tagging support. I also do not have any Matroska files, so it is not a priority for me, although I would happily accept patches and maintain the code.

--
http://amigadave.com/