Re: Easytag from git (2014-09-09 at 3:30am)

Hi Steven

[replying to the mailing list too, hope that is OK]

On 2014-09-08 15:13, Steven P. Ulrick <meow8282 gmail com> wrote:
That almost fixes the issue that I reported.  If I load a random
directory of MP3's, I still get the Automatic Corrections Applied
message in the log pane.  How it's fixed is that if I save the
"modified" files, they remain unmodified the next time that I load them
in Easytag.  Sometimes I still use Puddletag for some things that
Easytag does not do at this time.  So I will now experiment with some
MP3's that I am pretty sure I tagged with Easytag...

In the context of MP3 files, that message should only be logged if the ID3v2 version in the file is different to set in the preferences (2.3 or 2.4) and the ‘Automatically convert old ID3v2 tag versions’ option is selected. The default is to use ID3v2.3, as it is the most compatible ID3v2 version.

The range of settings for ID3 tags has not changed, but the defaults have, so you might be running into this if most of your files for testing are ID3v2.4. If both versions work equally well for you, you should feel free to change the setting to avoid converting between versions.

One other thing: I cannot close out the Preferences dialog with the
"Close" button.  I have to "X" out of it.  My configuration changes are
saved correctly.  The "Close" button just does not work for me...

This is a holdover of some old code which checked that the default directory (in the ‘Interface’ tab of the preferences) was valid before allowing the dialogue to be closed. Can you check that the default directory is valid?

The checking code can probably be removed, as EasyTAG should be able to handle an invalid default path (and the setting can be changed from outside of EasyTAG, so it is a bug if there are problems).

On the subject of Puddletag, I will send you a list of features that I
like that Easytag does not have.

Thanks! The ‘extended tags’ view looks particularly useful, and I would be interested in any feature requests.

--
http://amigadave.com/