Easytag from git (2014-09-09 at 3:30am)

Hello, David
I have been having the following issues since "wip/application-window branch" was merged to "master": 1. When I open easytag for the first time after updating from GIT, the sizes of the various columns that make up the GUI are not restored from the way I set them previously. I have not yet checked to see if there is a new setting that needs to be checked, because this is new behavior. I have not previously had to resize columns every time I start easytag.

2a. Go to a directory of MP3's that I have previously tagged/renamed using easytag.
2b. Log messages scroll by about automatic corrections being applied.
2c. "Right click | Reload Directory | Save"
2d. Filenames/Tags revert to non-boldface type, indicating that the "changes" have been applied. 2e. Reload the directory. Result? Log messages scroll by about automatic corrections being applied! Bold face fonts appear indicating that the filenames/tags have been modified.

After I save the changes that easytag says were made, the bold face fonts (modified files) return to a non-boldface appearance (modifications saved.) Reload the directory, without having made any changes at all, and easytag applies Automatic Corrections and shows the files in boldface type again. This is a constant cycle. It happens as many times as I save "changes" and reload the directory.

So, the question arises, if I do make changes to tags/renaming of files, are the changes actually saved to the file? Yes, the are. So, no work is lost, but easytag continues to falsely say that Automatic Corrections have been applied, and show the files as having been modified.

If I close easytag, open it up again and go back to the files that I just got done working with, not having made any additional changes to them in easytag or any other id3 tagging application, the files are indicated as being modified...

If all of this makes no sense to you, let me know, and I will post a series of screenshots to show what I mean.

Steven P. Ulrick