Re: DSF Tagging - Feedback

Hi Ran

On 2014-11-19 13:26, Ran Perry <therealranperry gmail com> wrote:
How do I configure and compile with backtrace support?

I might have fixed the crash that you experienced, so you should try the latest changes on the branch (probably with a "git pull --rebase").

For debugging, you need to make sure that "-g" is part of the compiler flags, which is generally the case by default. If it is not, you can set the flags when building using something like:

make CFLAGS="-g" CXXFLAGS="-g"

Then, run with "gdb easytag" (or ./easytag if running from the working directory), and if you get a crash then enter "thread apply all bt" and paste the output.

There is a bit more guidance on the GNOME wiki:

https://wiki.gnome.org/Community/GettingInTouch/Bugzilla/GettingTraces
https://wiki.gnome.org/Community/GettingInTouch/Bugzilla/GettingTraces/Details#gdb-not-yet-running

--
http://amigadave.com/