Re: Two Patches to fix some Compiler Warnings

On Monday 07 July 2014 15:21:04 David King wrote:

Hi David.

Now there are no warnings left ;-)

Thanks!

For the first patch, it seems that this is due to a openSUSE-specific
patch:

https://build.opensuse.org/package/view_file/openSUSE:13.1/libid3tag/libid3t
ag-0.15.1b-mb.diff?expand=1

I am not aware of any other distributions that apply that patch, so I
will not apply the fix at the moment. If you are concerned about the
warning, it would be best to apply a similar patch to EasyTAG locally.

Oh damn. Sorry, I was not aware of that this is a OpenSuSE issue. Yes, ignore
the patch ;-)

For the second patch, I think that can be improved beyond just removing
the warning, and that refactoring Id3tag_Get_Field() and
Id3tag_Set_Field() would be the best option.

Looking at the checks in those functions, it seems that it would be
possible to eliminate the extra 9999 value if the check for a
non-standard encoding was done first, and the other checks were done
later with the existing switch/case statements. It would be great if you
could make my suggested changes, but I would be happy to have a look
otherwise.

Yes, the "9999" looks ugly somehow. But I cannot judge. Surely there was a
reason for inserting this. With my patch I have tried to go the way with the
lowest risk breaking something ;-)

I will try to look at this to get rid of the "9999" ;-)

Thank you.

--
Andreas