Re: Newly Installed Version 2.1.8 on Linux Problem

Hi David,

On 02/11/13 07:40, David King wrote:
Hi Budgie

Sorry for the late reply.

On 2013-10-31 22:52, Budgie <ajebay errichel co uk> wrote:
On 31/10/13 10:35, David King wrote:
If FLAC support is enabled and the files are still not shown, you will
need to debug the problem, probably by stepping through the code using a
debugger such as GDB. This is outside of the scope of what I can do
remotely, at least by mailing list, so I suggest that if you need help
with this, contact me on IRC (amigadave on freenode or irc.gnome.org)
and I can walk you through the necessary steps.

Many thanks.  libFLAC.so.8 is included so it looks like I need to try to
debug.

I have never used IRC before.  I assume I should load the debug files
from the repo site first.  What other preparation is needed before
starting and do we need to agree a mutually convenient time?
Very grateful to you for your kind offer.
Regards,
Budgie

Yes, getting the debug package would be the first step. Other things to
do are to make sure that you have "gdb" installed, and possibly to
install debug packages for some other important libraries, such as GTK+
and GLib. You can read some background information about using gdb to
get backtraces:

https://wiki.gnome.org/GettingTraces/Details

Bear in mind that for freenode, you need to register to send private
messages, and there is no EasyTAG channel, so irc.gnome.org might be the
best approach. Once you have joined, just send me a private message
(this might be different depending on your IRC client, but "/msg
amigadave hello" should work).

As for a convenient time, I will be relatively busy today, although I
might be around tomorrow, and I will be available during the week for
most of the days and evenings. Please let me know privately if you want
to arrange a specific time, and I will try to make myself available.

Many thanks for the kind offer. Will try and get organised for later next week. Just become grandfather and family business taking all my time over weekend.
Regards,
Budgie