Re: Project EasyTag

Hi Krzysztof

I have added the EasyTAG mailing list to the Cc field, which is the best place for EasyTAG discussion.

On 2013-11-02 11:42, Krzysztof Pater <k pater op pl> wrote:
how can I join to project?

EasyTAG is hosted on git.gnome.org, so you can apply for a git account if you wish to make sustained contributions. It is generally a good idea to start by submitting patches to Bugzilla, and then after some time, applying for an account:

https://wiki.gnome.org/NewAccounts

I changed some folder icons in /data/pixmaps and would like to share them to
this project. They are based on Faenza, made myself.
By the way I think pixmaps are not the best idea, better would be png files.
Changed icons in attachment.

Thanks for the changes. Only two of the icons that you changed are still in EasyTAG, the others are now taken from the icon theme. I committed your changes and pushed them to master:

https://git.gnome.org/browse/easytag/commit/?id=23650fd329cf91dd4bcf70cb087ce8cde2fdb648

EasyTAG has a long history of using pixmaps, although there are not too many left now. If you want to work on a patch to remove them, I suggest compiling them into the binary with GResource, and using GFileIcon to load them. PNG is a supported icon format, so this should work fine.

Some translation are still for polish language not translated, and these are:
- entire menu entry Scanner,
- 4 of 5 in Miscellaneous and
- many of containing Directory word in Viewer entry.

The Polish translation is 100% in master:

https://l10n.gnome.org/vertimus/easytag/master/po/pl

When there is another release (2.1.9) the new translations will be included.

--
http://amigadave.com/