Re: [bug] Easytag quits on write error

On Fri, 29 Mar 2013 15:50:48 +0000
David King wrote:

I just tried replicating this behaviour with the latest git master
version and I get the error dialog, but EasyTAG did not quit not did
it lose the edits. You should be presented with a warning icon next
to the filename entry field if the file is not writable. I guess that
EasyTAG does not prevent you from editing the file because the
changes are kept in-memory until the "Save" button is activated, and
the file permissions can change while the tags are being edited.

However, are you sure that EasyTAG quit when you dismissed the error,
or did it crash? If so, a back trace from gdb would be really useful
in order to fix the problem.

I forgot to mention that this was done over an NFS share without
"no_root_squash". Maybe that causes it. I'll have a closer look at it.
Hmmm, and I see that there is no easytag-dbg package (I use 2.1.8-1
from the Debian Testing repository)

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak
aloud and remove all doubt.

| Richard Lucassen, Utrecht                                        |
| Public key and email address:                                    |
| http://contact.xaq.nl/                                           |