Re: Wishlist: EasyTag should be able to edit additional tags

Hi Giannis

I added the mailing list back to the CC, and kept the email as plain text (better for the list archives).

On 2013-03-27 22:22, Giannis Servetas <johnservetas yahoo gr> wrote:
A good way to reduce the amount of screens are the tablets (tabs) just
like you 've done in the tag area that is already split into "common"
tab and "picture" tab.
This solution has been applied in the "Tag&Rename" Windows application.
There is the common tag, and two more, named "additional tags" and
"more additional".
http://www.softpointer.com/tr_screenshots.htm
Another solution could be, the Tag area to be like a frame, so that,
with use of a scroll bar could be possible to scroll down so that more
tags appear.

Thanks for the suggestion. I do not really like the idea of adding more tabs to an already-cramped space in the UI, but I think that showing a dialogue to give more control over tagging a single file would be a good way to devote more screen space to less common tag fields.

I would like to help someway, but I have almost no idea about
development... if you think I can help somehow (beta tester maybe)
please let me know.

There is a bug in the Debian bugtracker about updating the packaging for EasyTAG 2.1.8:

Once that is resolved, the latest stable version will be available in Debian, which should expose it to more users. You can of course try to build the development version from git master, but it probably has (more) bugs.

Good luck!

--
http://amigadave.com/