Unknown delimiter has created problem.

Some guidance please to undo a problem.  I have named my opera directories in the
format:-

Mozart - Don Giovanni (Rene Jacobs)
and the files for each track thus :-
01 - Mozart - Don Giovanni, K527 Overtura.flac.

My problem is that when I write the tag using the filename in the scanner all looks well.
The Title tag appears as "Mozart - Don Giovanni, K527 Overtura" in Easytag.  However the
" - " sequence acts as a delimiter and separates "Mozart" from "Don Giovanni" when seen
by Minimserver or Twonky and it makes searching quite a problem because all the operas
appear just as "Mozart".

 If I look at the file using Puddletag then the delimiter \\ is shown.

The problem is I have several thousand files which I must now re-tag.

Two questions:
How can I correct this using the scanner in Easytag?  and;
Is this delimiter documented?.
What is correct format because I have been trying to apply multiple genre tags for ages and
never made it work because I didn't know the correct delimiter for EasyTag.

Budgie