Re: [Easytag-mailing] v2.1.6:

J.B. Nicholson-Owens <jbn <at> forestfield.org> writes:

> I am trying to retag some Magnatune FLAC tracks -- Colin Booth's
> "Buxtehude - Suites and Variations".
>
>    http://magnatune.com/artists/albums/cbooth-buxtehudes/
>
> The album title has the substring " - " (space, hyphen, space) and this
> apparently makes EasyTag create two album tags, one with "Buxtehude" and
> another with "Suites and Variations":

> $ metaflac --no-utf8-convert --export-tags-to=- 53\ -\ Variations\ in\
> G\ BuxWV250\ \(La\ Capricciosa\)\ -\ Variation\ 26.flac
> TITLE=Variations in G BuxWV250 (La Capricciosa)
> TITLE=Variation 26
> ARTIST=Colin Booth
> ALBUM=Buxtehude
> ALBUM=Suites and Variations
> DATE=2011
> TRACKNUMBER=53
> TRACKTOTAL=58
> GENRE=Classical
> DESCRIPTION=http://magnatune.com/artists/colin_booth
> COMMENT=http://magnatune.com/artists/colin_booth
> COMPOSER=D Buxtehude
> track=53
> REPLAYGAIN_REFERENCE_LOUDNESS=89.0 dB
> REPLAYGAIN_TRACK_GAIN=-1.14 dB
> REPLAYGAIN_TRACK_PEAK=0.71307373
> REPLAYGAIN_ALBUM_GAIN=-1.14 dB
> REPLAYGAIN_ALBUM_PEAK=0.71307373
>
> Rhythmbox, gmusicbrowser, and other apps see only one album tag.  So
> user interfaces show me these tracks as if the album name is "Buxtehude"
> (typically).
>
> Any idea on how I should get EasyTag to make one album title tag with
> the title "Buxtehude - Suites and Variations"?
>
> I've tried two alternatives neither of which worked:
>
> - escaping the hyphen as "Buxtehude \- Suites and Variations" and I get:
>
>    ALBUM=Buxtehude \- Suites and Variations
>
> - escaping the spaces as "Buxtehude\ -\ Suites and Variations" and I get:
>
>    ALBUM=Buxtehude\ -\ Suites and Variations
>
> Neither of these approaches are correct.  Both show up improperly in
> apps (the backslashes show up in the album title) but EasyTag does
> create only one album tag.
>
> Thanks.

-
> vRanger cuts backup time in half-while increasing security.
> With the market-leading solution for virtual backup and recovery,
> you get blazing-fast, flexible, and affordable data protection.
> Download your free trial now.
> http://p.sf.net/sfu/quest-d2dcopy1

I have just encountered more or less the same problem when tagging FLAC files.

In fact all my " - " are converted into "/" in the apps - or all info behind
the " - " is simply left out.

For instance "Kind Of Blue - Legacy Edition" is read and tagged correctly in
EasyTAG 2.1.6 (running on Windows7 - 32 bit, GTK+ ver. 2.22), but when reading
it in for instance a SqueezeServer app it says "Kind Of Blue / Legacy Edition"

Stangely enough when I am reading the tags in mp3tag 2.48 " - " is shown
as "\\" in the fields where I can change the tagging  and in the sheet on the
left where I can see the "reults", everthing behind the "-" or rather "\\" is
cut away. This is also the case when I play back in Winamp - only "Kind Of
Blue" is shown.

I have tried all kinds of changes with charsets, different (or no) ID3
taggings, but nothing seems to have any effect. I have aslo tried on a Windows
7 64 bit machin with GTK+ ver. 2.16 but also with no effect.

Any ideas anyone?

Robert