Re: [Easytag-mailing] Easytag Album Artist / Custom Field patch

Daniel,

I just found your message in the archive and was happy to see that someone coded album-artist.
I downloaded and applied your patch and it seems to be working here.

Thank you for that. I use Songbird and it needs the album-artist field to prevent compilation albums from showing up with an album cover duplicate for each track. In the past I had to manually add this tag in Songbird but I'm happy that I can now do it in EasyTag during my normal pre-import tag cleanup.

BTW for others who may want to build EasyTag I was rather confused that the default build does not include mp3 support. I had to look several times before realizing it needs "libid3tag" installed but this information is not in the INSTALL readme file. It indicates that

id3lib-3.8.3

is needed but does not say you also need another library, libid3tag. I am on Ubuntu 9.10 and I don't know if this is different on other systems but certainly here installing one of these libraries is not the same as both. Once I also installed "libid3tag" the mp3 support was enabled.

It would be good if this dependency was also noted in the INSTALL readme file.

Chris :)