Re: [Easytag-mailing] Easytag Major Performance Fix

On Wed, Aug 26, 2009 at 11:38:36AM -0700, Kip Warner wrote:
> On Wed, 2009-08-26 at 08:37 +0300, Adrian Bunk wrote:
> >
> > Instead of patching it, what about nuking src/base64.c completely in
> > favor of the g_base64_{de,en}code() that were added in glib 2.12?
> >
> > Would you test the performance if I'd send you a patch?
> >
> > cu
> > Adrian
>
> Hey Adrian,

Hi Kip,

> It sounds like a good idea, but it might not be the best thing right
> now. Glib 2.12 was when those routines were added and right now
> libglib-dev virtual package has libglib1.2-dev still as it's dependency

libglib2.0-dev is what you are looking for.

> (at least for GNU users running Jaunty as far as I know). So I'm
> thinking 2.x branch may not be considered stable yet.

2.x is stable since 2002.

> I'm also not sure
> how available it will be on non-free platforms. It's probably there,
> just one more thing to add complications to at build time. My patch
> doesn't require us to change or add dependencies fortunately.

EasyTAG already requires glib >= 2.8.0 directly, and through it's
dependency on GTK+ >= 2.12.0 it indirectly requires glib >= 2.14.

cu
Adrian

       "Only a promise," Lao Er said.
                                       Pearl S. Buck - Dragon Seed