Re: [Easytag-mailing] Easytag Major Performance Fix

On Sat, Jun 13, 2009 at 01:29:06AM -0700, Kip Warner wrote:

> Greetings,

Hi Kip,

> I've patched src/base64.c. There was a major problem when it was being
> called to decode very large buffers in orders of magnitude of a megabyte
> or more (e.g. cover art in a FLAC / Vorbis / etc. tag is frequently this
> size for some people). The base64_decode() routine had a cubic running
> time, since every time the decode pointer shifted forward in the stream,
> token_decode() would recompute the buffer length every time. e.g. If the
> buffer length was n originally...

Instead of patching it, what about nuking src/base64.c completely in
favor of the g_base64_{de,en}code() that were added in glib 2.12?

Would you test the performance if I'd send you a patch?

cu
Adrian

       "Only a promise," Lao Er said.
                                       Pearl S. Buck - Dragon Seed