Re: [Easytag-mailing] Easytag Major Performance Fix

On Wed, 2009-08-26 at 08:37 +0300, Adrian Bunk wrote:

> Instead of patching it, what about nuking src/base64.c completely in
> favor of the g_base64_{de,en}code() that were added in glib 2.12?
>
> Would you test the performance if I'd send you a patch?
>
> cu
> Adrian

Hey Adrian,

It sounds like a good idea, but it might not be the best thing right
now. Glib 2.12 was when those routines were added and right now
libglib-dev virtual package has libglib1.2-dev still as it's dependency
(at least for GNU users running Jaunty as far as I know). So I'm
thinking 2.x branch may not be considered stable yet. I'm also not sure
how available it will be on non-free platforms. It's probably there,
just one more thing to add complications to at build time. My patch
doesn't require us to change or add dependencies fortunately.

--
Kip Warner -- Software Developer
President & CEO Kshatra Corp.