Re: [Easytag-mailing] Bugfix, changed signature of MP4GetMetadataCoverArt() in libmp4v2-1.6.1

On Nov 23, 2007 2:22 PM, EasyTAG <easytag gmail com> wrote:
> Some distributions as Fedora use the package from
> http://resare.com/libmp4v2/
> It was build by keeping only the library mp4v2 from mpeg4ip

I see, so that's why Fedora has mp4v2 while Mandriva has it in an
unofficial repository only.

> > > About the version 1.6.1 : the new API allow to read multiple images but
> you
> > > can save only one picture when writing the tag. Isn't it?
> > I don't think so. Maybe you should try to call
> > MP4SetMetadataCoverArt() several times?
> Already tested... it fails :-(
OK, after looking at the implementation, it seems you are right:

MP4File::GetMetadataCoverArt extracts an image from the property
moov.udta.meta.ilst.covr.data[index].metadata, while
MP4File::SetMetadataCoverArt writes to
moov.udta.meta.ilst.covr.data.metadata only.

So there's room for improvement in the mp4v2 library.

Regards, Götz

--
AL I:40: Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law.