Re: [Easytag-mailing] Problem with showing files with cyrillic names in Windows

Thanks for the test!
Now, I know what to do to fix the problem in the next version ;-)

Regards,
Jerome

pzn wrote, the 15/06/2007 10:30 :
I guess that if you set EASYTAGLANG=ru_RU.UTF-8 doesn't fix the problem.
You guess right. I've tried it too.

Let me understand better the problem with Cyrillic encodings :
- the encoding KOI8-R was used only under Linux  (or set by default)?
- and the encoding CP-1251 used only under Win32 (or set by default)?

The problem persists only under Windows. (btw on my linux-box EasyTAG works
perfect with cyrillic and I use ru_RU.UTF8 as system locale there)

The program said it uses 'ru' locale and KOI8-R codepage right after I
install it, even w/o setting the EASYTAGLANG. But it is CP-1251 for cyrillic
in Windows by default. Actually, CP1251 is the only codepage for cyrillic in
Windows, you know.

After I set EASYTAGLANG=bg, the easytag.log was:
---cut---
Starting EasyTAG 2.0.2 (PId: 9320) ...
Currently using id3lib version 3.8.3 ...
Variable EASYTAGLANG defined. Setting locale : 'bg'
Currently using locale 'bg' (and eventually 'CP1251')...
---cut---

Now it's all OK with the filenames and foldernames. EasyTAG displays and
saves it correct. But now interafce is in bulgurian language, lol.
I've replaced the "C:\Program
Files\EasyTAG\locale\bg\LC_MESSAGES\easytag.mo" with russian one and now I
get all I want.

Hope you make it work without such a trick in the next release.

Thank you for great app
Mikhail

--
EasyTAG - Tag editor for MP3 and Ogg Vorbis files
http://easytag.sourceforge.net