Re: [Easytag-mailing] EasyTAG is getting too complicated

Götz Waschk wrote:
> 2005/11/3, Jason S <jason zenenet com>:
>
>>Götz Waschk wrote:
>>
>>>Also, please don't add options like 'Return focus to the 'Title' field
>>>when switching files', it is completely useless UI bloat.
>>
>>I was actually the one that suggested that, and it's not UI bloat.  Do
>>you know how much faster this makes all keyboard tagging?
>
> Hi,
>
> then why make it an option and not simply the default? There is a
> usability rule not to replace design decisions by configuration
> options. EasyTAG should orient towards the GNOME usability guidelines.

As an aside, sorry for e-mailing you directly.  I always forget to
update the To: field when replying to list messages :P.

It's an option because some people like it, and some people don't.
It's not the default because people are used to (and using it) the way
it works right now.

As far as design principles, I won't comment on 'standards' and the
like, because to each their own.
I understand that each person/group has a design philosophy, but at the
same time, I want my software of choice working the way *I* want it to
work.  If I can't get it too, I look for something else.

That's my $0.02 on it.