Re: [Easytag-mailing] unicode ...

On Feb 12, 2005 at 07:59:02PM +0100, Jérôme Couderc wrote:

> >i really want unicode support ;), so, before being able to write a patch
> >i'd like to know whether a decision has been made regarding unicode.
> >somebody wrote he has a patch to use TagLib instead of id3lib, the patch
> >needing an update (but somebody else wrote the c interface of TagLib was
> >too generic to be really useful?) what's the state of that?
> The previous patch was made by Ilya Konstantinov <future shiny co il>,
> who are still working on it... May be this person needs help to develop
> the picture support with Taglib

Maybe a crazy idea, but what about using external programm to tag the
files? Taglib is nice, but it's c++'ness might be a big problem. I've had good
results using eyeD3, a python script, which could be an interim solution
for a while, until a decent C-style library appears.

--
Nikolai Prokoschenko
nikolai prokoschenko de / Jabber: pronik jabber org