[Easytag-mailing] =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Re=3A_=5BEasytag-mailing=5D_german_umlaut_?= =?ISO-8859-1?Q?characters_=28=E4=2C=FC=2C=F6=29_in_filenames?=

Hi Andreas,

   Which system are you using?
I'm not sure, but I think to have had the same problem under RedHat 7.3 with french characters.

Jerome

Andreas Grosse wrote:
Hi there,

Easytag works great (using it since 0.13), but there's one point I am
missing: When files are written to disk, german "umlaut" characters
(ä,ü,ö) are converted to "?" characters.  In Easytag, the umlaut
characters are handled right, and even the file names with the ?-umlaut
characters are shown right, but as soon as they are written to disk, the
umlaut chars are replaced by "?".

As far as I worked it out, it has nothing to do with the "Replace
illegal characters in filename (windows) function or the character
conversion. Or did I get something wrong?

Thanks in advance,
        Andreas

--
EasyTAG - Tag editor for MP3 and OGG files
http://easytag.sourceforge.net