Re: Movable Type

First, I agree with Kurt; for wide client support, shoot for either MetaWeblog (an extension of the MovableType protocol) or Atom (the 'next-big-thing', but not yet standardized across most clients). Drivel is simply a client to test with; it may have bugs that your implementation discovers, so make sure to try another client as well. There are likely freely-available libraries for handling each of these protocols, but if you're like me, coding the implementation is most of the fun. :)

About the sample methodResponse you attached; I don't have a sample of a proper getCategoryList methodResponse at the moment, but when I was trouble-shooting the initial implementation, I used ethereal to capture Gnome Blog's network transactions. Comparing the output should show you exactly what your application's response needs to look like. You may also want to strip the output down to a single, statically-generated item while testing, just to reduce the complexity.

If you discover that Gnome Blog or another client is able to handle your response while Drivel does not, let me know so that we can get it fixed.

Cheers,
Todd