RE: Movable Type

It may be helpful to pick a particular API to implement, and then do so
sticking strictly to the specification, since that will ensure that you're
avoiding eccentricities specific to a particular client. Further, if you
know the API you're using, it's quite possible that a php or perl library
already exists to help with your implementation.

For instance, you might consider using the MetaWeblog API. The spec can be
found at:

However, the Atom Publishing Protocol may be a better long-term solution:

Hope that helps!