Re: dogtail-devel Translatable names of AtkObject

Alexander Todorov wrote:
Hello,
please consider the following XML from a .glade file:

<accessibility>
<atkproperty name="AtkObject::accessible_name" translatable="yes">Help Button</atkproperty>
</accessibility>

As I understand it this will be the name which needs to be used when accessing this widget from assistive technologies like Dogtail instead of the standard btnHelp or the widget text for example.

My question is will Dogtail continue to work when running with under another locale? e.g. click('Help Button')

Thanks,
Alexander.

Have you seen the automatic script translation feature? It enables the use of scripts written in one language to work in any other locale. To enable it in your script, call this humorously-long function:

dogtail.i18n.loadTranslationsFromPackageMoFiles(packageName)

Where packageName is the name of the package used by your package manager which contains the application under test. By default it includes all of the package's dependencies, or else translations would be incomplete.

Let me know if you've found a case where this doesn't work; the code hasn't been updated for a while but should definitely still work.

Zack