The printer setup

What has happened to printer setup.  The button to test print a page is omitted.
True Gnome selects a driver, but it did not choose the driver that I needed. It chose a driver with less functionality.
And how can I judge if the chosen driver prints to top,bottom,left,right edges? Gnome 3.22 printer setup provided a test page to show a frame -- the limits for the physical printer.
Further, The test facility also depicted how well the "driver" printed shading or rainbow.
My printers are laser ones. They have toner, not ink.  Why is my printer shown as an ink printer.
The Brother drivers report information about printer toner amounts and that it is a laser printer.

Please stop rushing to provide new features until they are properly tested.

Regards

 Leslie
Leslie Satenstein
Montréal Québec, Canada