Re: Feedback on users/gnome-help/3.8/power-closelid.page

Hi Lucas

On 2015-02-07 13:14, Lucas Clímaco Mattos <lucasclimattos gmail com> wrote:
I'm using fedora 21 (pt-br) with gnome 3.14, and I want to Stop the
computer from suspending when the lid is closed. I tried to do
"gsettings set org.gnome.settings-daemon.plugins.power HandleLidSwitch
blank", but it answer that it hasn't no key "HandleLidSwitch". I wonder
if ther is any other way to do it. I'm using a Sony Vaio VPCF121GX,
intel core i7, nvidia 310m.

In GNOME 3.14 (and possible 3.12 and 3.10 as well), power management has been delegated to systemd. Based on the subject of this email, it seems that you have based your feedback on an older version of the help. The latest version can be found at:

https://help.gnome.org/users/gnome-help/stable/power-closelid.html.pt_BR

This version (while not translated into your language) has instructions for changing the behaviour of your computer when closing the lid in recent versions of GNOME.

The other problem i'm having is when I suspend the laptop, it doesn't
return back (it restart).

This is probably a kernel (or hardware, or related) problem. You should file a bug against the kernel package in Fedora, and provide any details that are requested of you.

Well, I'm sorry about my english, but I'm not Engllsh native.

Your English is good, and perfectly understandable. Thanks for your feedback!

--
http://amigadave.com/