Re: Feedback on users/gthumb/2.13/edit-resize-crop.page

Hi Carol

On 2014-09-08 14:42, Cari Soderlund <cari agcol arizona edu> wrote:
Crop -- how do you unlock the aspect ratio? When I do "apply" or "save" it just goes back to the original
view.

In the version of gThumb that I have installed (3.3.2), I open a photo, click the crop icon, select "None" in the "Aspect ratio" combo box and then select an area on the photo that I wish to crop. Finally, I click the "Crop" button and the operation is applied. If I then try to leave the photo view, I am asked to save the changes.

It would be good to improve the documentation for the crop feature to give explicit steps for how to crop a photo, making use of the variety of options provided.

If you are using an older version, you may need to follow different steps. If you still have problems, please contact the gThumb mailing list: