Re: Feedback on users/evolution/3.12/mail-composer-mail-signatures.page

Hi Albert

On 2014-09-04 21:44, Albert Sapsford <albert albertsapsford com> wrote:
The reason for my email: It would be helpful if you could have a link on
this page to an explanation of how to remove the two dashes and a space
from the signature. I managed to do this a few years ago, but I can't
remember how I did it. I have searched and found various explanations,
none of which has worked. I was hoping to find an explanation here, in
the Evolution manual. :)

It is probably not a good idea to remove the signature delimiter, as it has a long tradition (dating back to Usenet) of being used to delimit the signature from the rest of the email:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Signature_block#Signatures_in_Usenet_postings

For discussion about Evolution, it is better to contact the project mailing list directly:

evolution-list gnome org

Alternatively, you could file a bug against the documentation (make sure to select the "User Documentation" component):

https://bugzilla.gnome.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=Evolution

Good luck!

--
http://amigadave.com/