Re: What can GNOME do to help distros in the switch to GNOME 3?

Allan:

I also think it is important to encourage distros, and the engineers
who work on GNOME at various distros to make use of this mailing list
to let each other know when we identify problems.

It would be nice if there were some way to aggregate bugs in the
various distro bug tracking systems.  Where you could create a bug
and link it to related upstream bugs so that people could easily
collaborate and share fixes to issues that are noticed.  Or
something to this effect.

It would also be good if we could do more to encourage people to
provide ongoing maintenance for GNOME 2.30/2.32 issues.  For example,
nautilus bug #602500 was recently identified on this list as being
a serious nautilus 2.30 crasher.  Perhaps we could do more to encourage
a new 2.30 dot-release when serious issues like this are identified.

Brian